The following list or people are not eligible for Kambo:
- Have serious heart problems.
- Are on medication for low blood pressure.
- Have had a stroke.
- Have had a brain haemorrhage.
- Have an aneurism or blood clots.
- Lack the mental capacity to make the decision to take Kambo.
- Have serious mental health problems excluding depression, PTSD and anxiety.
- Are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy or for 4 weeks afterwards.
- Take immune-suppressants for organ transplant.
- Have Addison’s Disease
- Have low levels of cortisol in the blood
- Have current and severe Epilepsy
- Are recovering from a major surgical procedure
- Have used Bufo in the past 4 weeks
- Are under 18 years old
- Are pregnant or maybe so or are breast-feeding a child under 6 months old
Caution is advised in the following cases:
- People taking immune-suppressants for auto-immune disorders
- People taking slimming or sleep supplements
- Active drug or alcohol addiction
- Do not fast for 7 days before Kambo
- Colonics, enemas, liver flushes or any water based detox should be avoided within 3 days either side of taking Kambo
Due to the large intake of water consumed during a Kambo treatment, the body's electrolyte balance can be disturbed. Therefore it is important to rest, eat and drink afterwards to bring the body back into balance and allow it to restore homeostasis.
It is imperative that a client does NOT consume more than 5 litres of water during a session due to the risk of Hyponatremia.
How to prepare for your Kambo session:
Please do not eat solid foods, drink alcohol or take recreational drugs for 8 hours before treatment.
Fluids are ok including light fruit or herbal teas.
Do you not consume more than 3 litres of liquid before treatment.
You will be required to drink an additional 2 litres of water directly before I apply your points.
People attending should wear layered, loose clothing.
If you asthma please bring you inhaler. If you are diabetic please bring extra food, insulin and your test strips.
Please ensure you have something comfortable to sit on such as a cushion or pillow, a blanket and warm clothing and also 2 litres of water. The water is for drinking directly before I apply the Kambo points.
Before treatment starts I will talk and explain all aspects of kambo and what to expect.
After completing and signing off a treatment sheet I will initially provide a Kambo test point on each person to be treated. The purpose of this is just to check for an adverse reaction. It is extremely rare and in 99% of cases I can then go ahead with the full treatment.
The kambo I offer is ethically and responsibly sourced from a contact in the Matsés tribe near the Yaquerana river.